- SJLES New Student & Family Orientation Presentation
- 2022-2023 SJLES Supply List
- SJLES 2022-2023 Overview - We hope this SJLES Overview document provides useful Back to School information for our families. We will update the document as more information and links become available.
- New to SJLES? No worries! - The SJLES PTA has created a helpful FAQ document to help you prepare for Back-to-School season. For clarification on upcoming Back-to-School events, school supplies, information about the car loop/walkers/buses, lunch, and how to find the School Directory... Click this link to get answers to some of the most common questions.
- HCPSS School Year Overview - Be sure to review the HCPSS shared a message yesterday with families, titled Welcome to the 2022 - 2023 School Year.
- Additional Helpful HCPSS Resources
- Complete Your Student’s Family FIle TODAY! - The 2022-2023 Family File is now available to parents. HCPSS requires that your Family File is completed BEFORE you can see your child’s teacher in Canvas during orientation week. Only families who have completed the Family File will be able to see their student(s) home room teacher during orientation week.
Every year HCPSS parents must complete a Family File for each child. HCPSS utilizes Family File for parents/guardians to complete emergency information. Parents/guardians must verify and/or update information for each child, and can do so by logging in to HCPSS Connect PARENT ACCOUNT and selecting the MORE OPTIONS tab on the left and then clicking on Family File.
Once logged in, you will be asked to update or provide the following information:
Again, it is imperative that you complete the Family File in order to receive the name of your child's teacher for the upcoming school year.
Family File Quick Reference Card
- Utilizing Emails & Texts - Utilizing contact information submitted through the Family File, parents and guardians automatically receive emails from HCPSS and our school. To comply with FCC & wireless carrier requirements, parents/guardians must opt in one time to receive text message alerts. To confirm that you have opted in, text the word “YES” to 67587 from the cell phone number on file in HCPSS Connect Family File.
Unsubscribing to either an HCPSS or school email, will remove you from receiving all email messaging - including emergency notifications! Please call the front office if you believe you are not receiving emails and/or text messages.
- Transportation - The HCPSS bus locator application is now available online. Due to a severe driver shortage, many bus routes/stops are expected to change. Please recheck your child’s transportation prior to the start of school.
- Walk Zone Maps - The 2022-2023 student walk zone maps are forthcoming and soon will be posted to each school’s website. Scroll to the bottom of the site and select Walk Area Map in the footer.
- Family & Community Resource Pages - Our SJLES families are often looking for ways to learn more about our curriculum and for additional resources they can access to support their Jaguar at home. A great starting point is our HCPSS Family & Community Resource Pages. We wanted to uplift these pages to our families at this midpoint of the school year and hope you find the information and resources helpful. Please click on the goldenrod-colored tab on the top right corner to each page to learn more about each grade level content area. Links to each K-5 page are below…