HCPSS welcomes visitors to our schools. American Education Week, held in November, offers an excellent opportunity for school visits. At other times, visitors are asked to follow the procedures below in order to limit interruptions to instruction and maximize safety for all.
- Contact the principal at least 24 hours in advance to discuss the purpose of the visit and to establish a convenient time for both the visitor and the school.
- Visitors must receive prior approval from the principal before entering a classroom.
- Teachers may request that visits be rescheduled to serve instructional needs and students’ best interests.
- Sign in at the main office and receive a visitor badge. Visitors are required to provide a photo ID.
- Schedule any desired follow-up meetings with school staff at a mutually convenient time.
- To avoid interrupting instruction, students may not shadow other students.
- Parents should request permission from the principal before engaging with school staff.
- Visitors are not permitted to engage students without approval from the principal.
Thursday, January 2, 2020 (All day)